Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas

Five things I like about Christmas
5. getting to spend time with family
4. it falls right in the middle of varmint hunting season
3. presents, of course
2. being the family song leader
1. sleeping in

Five reasons I'm glad Christmas is over
5. consumer madness inspired by a religous holiday
4. 3454 extra customers per day in my store
3. six day work weeks that turn into 9 on, 2 off, 7 on, 1 off
2. temp workers
1. 34 versions of Jingle Bells on the muzak

Sorry I haven't posted in a while... Christmas in retail is right up there with summer in youth ministry as far as work load goes. We did get to visit both Shana's family and mine, and to see alot of our cousins that we haven't seen in a long time. We also met one of the other great-grand babies, our kids' third cousin.

That'll be it for now.
Merry Christmas to all, and please, please don't play Jingle Bells when I'm around.

1 Comments:

At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a temp worker, I will try to not take that personally. ;) hahaha... but I feel your retail-holiday pain.

I think my blog has finally gotten me in trouble, so can I join your club? Do we get pins or a secret handshake? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home