Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Oh Deer, and Black Friday

Well, I finally went and did it. I killed a couple of does this weekend, so now I have enough meat to get the family through the year. Thanks to my cousin Casey for keeping the feeder running at Spicewood. That guy sure knows how to set up a bow stand. Too bad I had my gun, but the end result is the same.

In other news, I am spending Thanksgiving by myself for the first time in 29 years. I work until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, and have to work at 7 a.m. on Friday. The family all went to the Millers' for the holiday. They left today and won't be back until Monday.

And so, I think I'll do what alot of people do when things don't go quite right. . . I'll go fishing.
Why not? Only problem might be the wind, and that the bait store probably won't be open on Thursday.

I finished hiring a bunch of folks at work. I think I did 22 interviews last week and hired 16 people. Some of them are working out well, others not so much, but that's just the way it goes.

Friday is "Black Friday," one of the biggest shopping days of the year, when all of the holiday maniacs come out of the woodwork to save 5$ on a pair of sweat pants or whatever. Should be madness.

I guess that's about it. Been working alot getting ready for the crazy time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home