Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I'm leavin' on a jet plane

I have to fly this afternoon to Houston, then fly back tomorrow night. Academy is sending me and another manager to a human relations seminar. After I get back, I'll know how to hire you, document everything, and fire you, without sexually harassing you in the process.

I'm a bit nervous, this being only the second time I've ever been on an airplane, and the plane being one of the junior sized prop planes that they use for commuter flights between Abilene and Houston.

Two days after I get back, Shana is flying to Illinois for her cousin's wedding. The boys and I are going to my parents, and we'll probably go to my grandparents as well.

I took my only test of the semester today. I was the first one finished, which always makes me a bit nervous. I began to doubt myself so badly that I went back an hour later and asked the professor if I could check to see if I had left anything blank. I hadn't. I guess I'm just fast. I've put my testing philosophy on here before, but here it is again: either you know it or you don't, and it doesn't take that long to write it either way. I also got an A- on my latest essay for that class, so if I can get somewhere in the 90's with this test, I should be great unless I bomb the final.

By way of update, I did go bowhunting on Friday. I saw a doe and a yearling, but couldn't get a shot at the doe. Maybe next time. It is supposed to rain today and/or tomorrow, so maybe my rye will grow by the time I get to hunt again some time late next week.

That's about it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home