Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Planning for the future

What did you expect? Advice on 401 (k)'s, family planning, education, or occupational preparation? Nope. The title comes from the fact that yesterday, I put out some brush piles at the lake. Thanksgiving day when I went fishing, I found that most of the piles I fish were now too shallow since the lake's been coming down. There are two strategies from this point: find other piles in deeper water, and put other piles in deeper water. Yesterday I was on the lake for about two hours, and only fished for about 30 minutes. The rest of the time was spent driving around putting out piles and finding deeper piles. I was successful in both regards. We'll have to see how it works in terms of fish production.

It was a day to miss David Jackson. Aside from crappie fishing, I had a friend call to see if I wanted or knew of anyone who wanted a pig. Couldn't find anyone, and had to go to the lake by my self. The weather was cold, and I started thinking about trapping again. I have traps, I just don't have much time, no good places to trap, and no place to sell hides. I decided to call Dave last night, but found that his number was disconnected since they moved. Anyone have his new number?

Since I brought up financial planning...
Has anyone participated in any kind of church based financial seminar that was any good? Our church is pushing 'Financial Peace University' again. We do OK, but could use more discipline in our giving and saving. Anyone care to comment about the effectiveness of such a class in terms of sustainable change to spending/saving habits? It seems easy to take a class, do good for a few months while the class is going on, then forget all about it. Anyone see lasting results? I'm interested in hearing about it.

That's about it this time.

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

"I put out some brush piles"

For some reason I thought you were running around putting fires out..but at the lake. Weird. Hehe.

Merry Christmas,
DB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home