Thursday, October 19, 2006

First School Pictures


The boys had their first school pictures the other day. Two little cute fellas. I wore a very similar shirt in my first grade or kindergarten picture, if I recall.

I also got to go bowhunting this morning. I saw two bucks, six does, and twenty five or so pigs, and guess what I shot....

Nothing. I had a very marginal shot at the first buck, a nice eight point, but I would have had to shoot between two limbs. Three more steps and he'd have been just right, but he came in down wind and those three steps turned into a run away. I also had a shot at a pig in the forty pound range, but I was holding out for one bigger. They were also down wind and didn't hang out like I hoped they would so that I could pick a better one. I also had a shot at a doe, but it was less than two minutes after the bigger buck, and I could hear the pigs grunting, and it was still only 7:30.

We'll see if I am a farmer. I bought some rye seed at the feed store the other day and planted about 300 square feet of ground that I worked with a rake and hoe. Now if it will just rain, I'll have some food plots.

I found a 1951 New Mexico truck license plate in the middle of Trey's pasture. Another one for the "How the heck did that get there?" files.

I also shot a couple of 700 dollar bows today. They were kind of cool, but sure not worth 700 bucks if you ask me.

We're going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow. Should get some cute pics of the boys and the pumpkins.

I'm going hunting again tomorrow, so maybe I'll have some meat in the freezer, some pics to post, and a story to tell tomorrow

1 Comments:

At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tooooo cute :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home