Tuesday, January 31, 2006

No doctors, but no pain

Well, things are different since last I wrote. On Friday I went in for a stomach scope which came back normal. That means that my problem isn't an ulcer. After that, I drank some barium and had a bunch of xrays. I won't get the results of those until next Tuesday.

Meanwhile (back at the ranch?), I got better. I started feeling better Thursday after my dismal last post. I did skip class and slept all morning, but I went to work in the afternoon and felt pretty well. Friday I felt pretty good. I wanted to go fishing, but having been anesthetized that morning, I decided against it, although I felt good enough.

Saturday I went to work again, and felt OK. I hadn't had a pain pill since Thursday morning, but I had to take one Saturday afternoon.

Sunday I felt good, even well. My energy had returned. I sang tenor on the praise team at second service, which was a surprise to some. My mom had called Southern Hills and Walnut on Wednesday and told them I was sick. Apparently she made it sound like I was IN the hospital and in bad trouble. Actually I was AT the hospital, and getting better.

I worked Sunday night. Inventory was Monday, so we worked our tails off on Sunday night finishing up last minute projects.

Yesterday I had to work at 4 a.m. It was interesting, but seemed to be not worth all the trouble that was made about it. As far as I can tell, it went well. Even the managers seemed to think so.

What's the moral of the story? The doctors still have no idea what was going on. Even so, perhaps in spite of that, I got better to the point that I can almost say I am normal (if I have ever been). I'm still behind in my reading because of all of this, but I'm hanging on, and haven't turned in anything late yet.

People have asked if we need financial help to deal with the medical bills. Several people have helped us already, which has made a big difference in terms of paying bills, since I missed several days of work. We have not received any bills yet from the hospitals or doctors. We have had to put some initial payments on our credit cards. My plan is to try and negotiate with the doctors and hospitals, to exhaust all institutional sources of aid (hospital aid, and I heard a rumor about ACU having some kind), work hard to take care of it all myself, and then to turn to our church, family and friends as a last resort. Maybe this is backward, I don't know, but it's my plan so far.

3 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger ann said...

Wonderful news!

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

Glad to hear it Jason.

Isn't if funny how that works. In 1989 I had a pain in my lower stomach.

Doctor did a lower GI and a protoscope. Never found anything and
after that I did not hurt anymore.
I often wondered if it was the purging
I had to do to get ready for the test.

I pray that whatever it was for you that it is gone.

God Bless,
DB

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Tim,
Yep, and I did it again this week :)
Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home