Monday, December 19, 2005

Might as well say something

I generally tend to avoid stream-of-consciousness, "today I went to the store" kind of posts, but for the sake of an update, today I'll make a bit of an exception.

I'm planning on setting my first traps of the season tomorrow for fox, bobcat, coyote, and coon. The fur market is not great this year, but the cats and fox should be decent. Last year David and I trapped every day from Thanksgiving to Valentine's. It's just not the same without someone to do it with.

I went fishing yesterday afternoon even though it was 45 degrees. We tried a few spots for crappie, but didn't get a single bite. We don't have any brush piles located, and we didn't have enough time to do much prospecting.

My Academy store had its biggest sales day ever on Saturday, about 171K.

I made all A's again. Usually it's no surprise, but with all that I've been doing, and with the lack of effort I put into SPM and a couple of its papers, all A's is good.

Apparently I have a good resume. I sent out a few just for kicks about a month ago. Three of the five churches have called me to set up interviews. I don't know if I'm ready, or willing, to take another job, but I can't really decide unless a job is a legitimate option. More on that front should develop in the next few days and weeks, and so I'll save the specifics for later when I have more info.

Jonathan is starting to talk a lot. His vocabulary includes Jared, Jonathan, Mommy, Daddy, cheetos, candy, vacuum, out, yes, no, down, please, thank you, cheese, coke, wow-wee, away, awake, Santa, diaper, poo poo, the letters O, A, E and T, and home. He likes to pretend to talk on the phone. He was carrying Shana's cell phone around this evening, so I got on the house phone and called it. He can't answer it yet, but Shana answered for him and he listened. I told him it was Santa and that he should be good so he would get lots of presents. After I hung up, I asked him who called and he said, "Tanta." Pretty cool.

I guess that's about it for today.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home