Thursday, January 19, 2006

I don't even have a cat...

After talking with the ACU doctor on Tuesday, we kind of decided that gall stones are the probable cause of the pain I'm having. The theory is that because I had eaten recently before my ER visit, the scans that they did there weren't able to detect the gall stones. Therefore, a CAT scan is the next step.

I've got the CAT scan scheduled for tomorrow at 8 a.m. The results won't be in until later, probably Monday.

I'm still not doing great. The pills work OK, but I don't have very many left, and I don't have much energy. My boss, Mike, has been great about letting me be flexible and not making me do too much work. Hopefully my professors will give me a bit of flexibilty in turning in a couple of projects that I have due in the next couple of days. It's pretty hard to concentrate and read when you feel crappy and you're on pain meds.

Jared is doing quite a bit better, and Shana's illness was quick.

I suppose that's about it for now. I'll give updates as they come. Keep praying.
Jason

6 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

Hmmm I wonder why they just did not
do an ultrasound to find out? then
you know almost immediately.

Gwen, the wife, had her gall bladder
out a few years ago. Three small holes
is all the scar she has...kinda nice.

Keeping ya in prayers.
DB

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger miller said...

we're praying bro.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Terry,
They did an ultrasound, but my Dr. says that they only detect gall stones 85% of the time, and that's when the patient has had no food, etc. and everything's all cleaned out good. CT scan is the next step past the ultrasound.

I'm glad they figured out how to do gall bladders laproscopically instead of open like the old days. Word is that I should be able to return to work in 2-3 days.
Jason

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

I am glad to hear that they may have
it figured out.

If you have that surgery then you may be told no lifting more than 10 pounds six weeks. :) Talk about hard to do.

IJG,
DB

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

Oh I see the ultrasound in the
plethra of tests on the previous post.
Duh.

;)

DB

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Jared Cramer said...

every time you talk about jared i think you're talking about me and i'm confused. then i remember you're not and i feel silly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home