Monday, January 16, 2006

Something's Wrong With Me

It wasn't the sour cream that made me sick the other day. On Friday after the fishing trip, my stomach started hurting again. I went to bed about 10 but the pain woke me up at about 2 a.m. I laid there until 4 and then drove myself to the ER at Hendrick. When a cheapskate with no insurance decides to go to the ER at 4 a.m., you know the pain's bad. They did X-rays, an ultrasound, and blood tests and still didn't figure out what caused the pain. It wasn't appendicitis, gall stones, kidney stones, or an infection. They ended up giving me some pain medicine and sending me home. I was supposed to work on Saturday at 7 a.m. but didn't get home from the ER until 7:30. Two more weeks and I'll have some paid sick days. Figures. I ended up sleeping until about 4 p.m. I went to work on Sunday and rode the clock, feeling pretty crappy. Today was a bit better, although I still didn't have much energy. About the time I got home, my stomach started hurting like it had the other two times. I took some pain medicine, but it's too early to tell. It may be another long night. Classes start tomorrow, so hopefully the medicine will keep the pain under control tonight. Pray for my health, if you don't mind.
Jason

6 Comments:

At 7:00 PM, Blogger miller said...

we will be praying!

peace

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger miller said...

could it be ulcers?

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

The meds took the edge off pretty well last night. Got a decent night's sleep and headed to class this morning.

Jared threw up right at our bedtime. Poor little guy's been sick for a few days.

Could be ulcers... who knows? I'm planning on going to the ACU doc again this afternoon to see if he can get my test results from Hendrick and make some sense of it all.
Jason

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Jared went to the doctor this morning. Turns out that he has rotavirus (sp?). Lots of liquids is all that they can do for him.

I'm scheduled for 3:30 w/ the ACU doc.

Jason

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

Rota Virus...oh man what a pain.
A kid of a good friend here got
that a few years ago and he
still gets stomach problems
all the time for no reason. I
do not know if it is still related but I feel for the kid. I will keep your little ones in prayer.

I pray they figure out what is wrong
with you too Jason. Ulcers or anything else and that you can
afford the tests.

Nice fish pictures too. ;)

DB

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger ann said...

I have special empathy for you, Jason. Praying you and the little guy are feeling better, as well as Shanna who has to take care of you guys. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home