Monday, September 12, 2005

Thoughts for the day

I don't have many original thoughts, but at least I'm thinking.

One, I think sometimes I'm a real jerk. Now, some of you knew this already, but to others it may come as a surprise. I was unfair in my treatment of the ACU police guy, and I've apologized to him for acting like a horse's patoot.

Two, I think I really like Taize. Some of you have heard of Taize from my previous experience in February. If you want to know more, ask Kent Jobe, or better yet Google Taize and check out their website. Highland does a once a month Sunday night Taize style worship, and I got to go last night.

Three, I think my boat has forgotten my name. I haven't fished in 17 days and counting. A travesty, I know.

Four, I think my parents are coming up this weekend. It'll be nice to take dad dove hunting.

Five, I think I'm going to lead the small group I mentioned. I don't know what form it will take yet, as our church is pretty much wandering aimlessly when it comes to vision for small groups. It'll be pretty much up to me and the group to decide on our group's purpose and topic of study. I'm leaning more toward spiritual formation and spiritual disciplines than another look at Galatians or whatever. We'll see.

Six, I think it's good that I still remember how to count.

Seven, I think we made some new acquaintances. We had a classmate of mine and his wife over to dinner tonight. David and Rachel are both grad students. He's working on a MDiv and she's doing MFT. They've been visiting Southern Hills, and so we invited them over.

I think I'm done with thoughts for the day.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home