Monday, August 08, 2005

Academy, Lightning, and a Piece of History

Sorry I haven't been blogging, I've been at work. I will have worked every day from Thursday through tomorrow, including a fun 2-11 shift last night. With tax-free weekend they wanted all hands on deck so to speak.

Even so, I got up early to go fishing, since I don't have to be at work till 4 p.m. and Shana's out of town. It was nice and cool this morning, and cloudy. I caught a nice 14 incher right off the bat, from a point by the boat ramp... good sign. I ended up missing about 5 more on a Pop-R. They'd whack it, but not eat it good, and not ever come back for seconds. I wasn't ready to quit since they seemed to be biting fairly well, but a thunderstorm came up with lots of lightning, so I decided I was better off in the library alive than at the lake dead.

As for the piece of history, I found out today that my history making is going to be delayed, so I'll delay putting it here again. BTW, it is one of the "benign topics" that I mentioned a couple of posts ago. Let's just say for now that I'm going to take a piece of history, cut it up in little pieces, and make something nice for myself. (This is not an ominous prediction of conflict-causing verbage, so chill.)
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home