Thursday, September 01, 2005

Bloggin' 'bout birds, brakes, and brotherhood

Everybody feeling nice and alliterative this morning?

This morning I changed the front brake pads on the car. It made me feel nice and manly to be able to fix a car I've never worked on without consulting a manual, plus I got to get all greasy.

I haven't lived in Abilene in about five years, so the opening of dove season today brings with it mixed feelings. Abilene's dove hunting is about like Texarkana's fishing, so I was excited about the chance to go again. On the other hand, I haven't had a place to hunt out here in five years, so I was a bit anxious about calling to find a place. I ended up calling Cleve Cleveland, one of the landowners who supported my outdoor habits while I was here before, and he said I could come hunt this evening. We killed lots and lots of birds on his places when we lived here before, but he has sold the place where we hunted the most. Even so, the hunting should be good.

Part one of brotherhood...I wanted Travis to go with me this evening but he's busy.

Part two of brotherhood... Today is the first annual observance of "Free from Walnut Day." The "generosity" has run out, and now I'm free to say whatever I want without any financial repercussions. And I want to say....

Nothing. There's plenty that could be said, but I'm not going to say it. I will likely make comments about Walnut in the future, since most of my readership consists of Walnut members. I shall also return to writing about religious topics, which is my life since I'm in a Bible grad school program. If my topics and Walnut intersect, so be it, but I will not write in order to attack. If the Word convicts, that's between you (and me) and the Word, now isn't it?

Have a nice day!

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home