Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A Realization

One week into grad school and I've already had a breakthrough, albeit a small one. In having to introduce myself several times and talk about what I want to do with my life (still a major question), and in listening to others tell their stories, I figured something out: I still care.

Some folks come out of a tough breakup after a long relationship and swear that they never want to date again. I'll admit that I went through that stage, and I won't deny that there are still alot of wounds to heal before I am ready to go again, but I think I want to give it a shot. I care too much for people, particularly the lost and misguided, and I think I have too much to say to keep quiet.

I'm not there yet and may not be for a while, but I'm getting back in the game.

Congrats to the Crawfords and others on BRAC deciding to keep RRAD open.

Stan and Ann, I finally met Gabe Peterson.
Jason

2 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Molly, sounds like you're really hitting the books. At that rate you'll be a sophomore when you show up for your first semester at ACU. Nothing much to be nervous about a CC race... just run hard... get a good start somewhere toward the front of the middle of the pack and try to keep passing people. Hang in there on the church thing...
Jason

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger ann said...

Let's see if the Whites can dominate the comments section! :)

It's good to hear that you still have the heart (and hopefully the stomach) for ministry. You can't keep a good man down!

Oh yeah, I'm glad you met Gabe. He's a good guy. A little odd, but good. :) Heehee... just don't get him started on post-modernism. If you're around him for any length of time you'll understand what I mean.

Love to your family!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home