Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Fantasy Land

I don't know if you've noticed, but one of my links on the sidebar is to ESPN's Fantasy Bass Fishing. Like most fantasy leagues, you pick a group of "players" and your success is determined by how they perform in the sport. BASS hosts eleven tournaments per year with the same pros, so a fantasy league becomes possible.

The last tournament of the year, the Bassmaster Classic, was this past weekend, and Kevin VanDam won. He also won two other tournaments this year. Lucky for me, he was on my fantasy team. Now the bragging part: there were about 20,000 participants in the fantasy league. I ended up placing 199th. That's better than 99% of the other fantasy fishermen. Now if I could just find a way to translate that into getting bass out of the mudhole north of town and into my boat...
Jason

1 Comments:

At 8:03 AM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Nope, no prizes, just braggin rights, lol.

School's fixin to start here as well, also YIKES! I've also got to write a paper by the 15th. Double YIKES!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home