Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Friends, fastflight, fake checks, and falls

I suppose things are plenty busy, but it’s not with the kind of stuff that’s really blog-worthy. Oh well, here it is anyway…

The Dempseys came and stayed with us on Monday night. Jason’s grandpa died, and his funeral was in Cisco. All of the hotels were booked with Rita evacuees, and so they came and stayed with us. Not ideal circumstances, but it was nice to see them.

I got a “rejection letter” via email from Eastland… so far the unhireable premise holds true.

I’ve been shooting my bow some getting ready for deer season, which starts Saturday. Unfortunately, one of my cables started to break on Monday night. I had to get a new cable today, which will stretch and put my bow out of tune bit by bit for a while, at the same time I’m trying to hunt.

I rode around with the police this past Friday night from about 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. It was interesting. We arrested a guy for public intoxication and had to spray him with pepper spray since he was fighting the cops and not getting in the car. Then we caught a lady who had passed about 200 fake checks in the past three weeks. The detective who was working on her case was going to the store at 11 p.m. to buy toilet paper when he saw her sitting in her car in the parking lot. He called it in and the rest is history. She also had drugs in her purse, so she’ll be in jail for a while. We also checked on a dispute between two neighbors and also a drunk driver. There’s a whole other side of the world right across the street that only comes out late at night.

(My recent studies in Greek have made me think about grammar… does the other side of the world come out at night, or is it across the street that only comes out at night? Isn’t grammar fun!)

Shana sprained her ankle today. She twisted it at Dollar General. She had the boys with her, but some nice guy helped her get them into the car since she couldn’t walk. She went to our friend Lindy’s house. Lindy was great! She helped Shana with the boys all day long until I got off at 4 and brought them all home. They kept ice on it and it seemed to be getting better by bedtime. The second day’s usually pretty bad, but she was starting to get around OK this evening.

I talked to my friend Chris tonight about our semi traditional annual bowhunting trip. It’s still up in the air, as he’s doing job interviews. He stuck with the plan and just graduated with his Ph.D. in biomedical engineering.

I guess that’s all I have to say for now. I have to work 36 hours, read two books, and take a midterm next week, so I ought to get off the computer and get to work…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home