Saturday, July 23, 2005

Got one!

I've gotten a few calls for interviews after all of the applying I did on Monday. On Wednesday I got called to interview at the airport this coming Tuesday for a station agent job. Wednesday morning we went and had the boys' pictures taken at Sears and they had a job opening in thier asset protection department. That's the snoop squad, or the guys whose main job is to catch shoplifters. Sounded kind of interesting, so I applied and did an interview on Friday. Pays 7/hr for 20-25 hours per week. Yesterday after the Sears interview I got a call from Academy. They wanted to talk to me at 10 this morning. I interviewed for a "temporary" job in the camping department. Apparently it's a management strategy to hire people as temps so that if they're not good workers they can just tell them that they're finished with the work they were needed for. The manager said that they hardly ever don't keep a temp though. He called me back a bit ago and offered me the job. It also pays 7/hr, but should be 30-40 hours per week. Not a big pile of money, but I figured I better take it. I have orientation tomorrow at 11, but they claim that I shouldn't have any problem not working Sundays. Academy's always been one of my favorite stores. I think they started in Austin, and I used to go to several of their stores there. Bought my first fishing pole there, and also Shana's shotgun. Maybe after I get all oriented tomorrow I'll post some more details.

In other news, we got our bed today. We've always just used a frame with no headboard, but in our new house the only place to put the bed was against the windows. The end result was that you constantly find your pillow on the windowsill with the miniblinds. Since we made a bit on our house, we decided it was time for a "real" bed. We ordered it about three weeks ago and picked it up today.

I guess that's about it. The fishing still stinks, and it's blazing hot.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home