Monday, July 25, 2005

Finally caught a fish

Since the boys have been waking up pretty regularly about 6 a.m. since we've started working on them sleeping in their own beds, I decided that I might as well go fishing this morning since I was already up. I bought a swim noodle the other day and made a few jugs, plus I had a couple that I found at the lake in Texarkana. I went up the creek bass fishing, but put the jugs out at the mouth. Ended up catching a 12 incher and one about 3 pounds. Three spots later I caught another that was about 15" or so. Didn't get a single bass bite, although I did almost catch a bull frog. Back in Canadian I got on a pattern catching big green bullfrogs on plastic worms. I saw one this morning, so I flipped my brush hog over there and he jumped on it. I let him have it a bit so he could get the hook in his mouth, but I apparently didn't give him long enough.

I have my first paper of the new educational experience due in a couple weeks, so I figure to spend some time at the library tomorrow. I'm also helping Travis move in to their new apartment tomorrow afternoon, then I have to work from 6-10.

Shana's talking about going to Lovington this weekend since I have to work all day Saturday and half a day on Monday and Tuesday. Thought maybe I'd put out some trotlines or something. That way maybe I could at least put some fish in the freezer.

Guess that's about it.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home