Monday, July 11, 2005

It's Official

I guess I'm officially a grad student again. I started class today. The course is called Advanced Introduction to the Old Testament. Not exactly my number one choice of summer entertainment, but it is interesting enough I suppose. The professor is Dr. Shipp from Austin Theological Seminary. He goes to Brentwood, and his daughter graduated this year with my cousin Karissa. He also apparently just did a series of lessons at my home church in Leander. For the rest of the week I'll have class from 8-5 with an hour lunch break. We'll take five quizzes and two tests, and then have to write a seven page exegesis paper. Truthfully, that's really pretty easy for a graduate class. It's a quick way to get 3 hours without having to go to class all semester long.

In other good news, we made ice cream tonight...
and we should get the check for the house via FedEx in the morning...
and we actually got a refund from St. Michaels for Jared because we overpaid(tomorrow: a blanket drive for Satan, 'cause he's shivering)...
and Travis and Cara came over and ate burgers and ice cream with us...
and Elaine's visiting for the week to take an online course and help with the boys while I'm in class...
and that's about it.

Four Walnut kids are here in Abilene at camp this week. I plan on trying to find them tomorrow or Wednesday.

Yesterday was tough.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home