Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Not much to say, not much to do

So little is going on that it's hard to find stuff to blog about. I took a 10 hour per week web design job today. Not much, but better than what I had yesterday. I also found out about a worship ministry job here in town. That could be interesting. Other than that, I've been mostly staying around the house helping with kids, dishes, and unpacking.

Churches are supposed to be off limits, but I'll mention what Shana and I have been doing. We went to church at Highland the first Sunday that we were here. There's a report about that on Shana's blog, so no need to rehash. Last Sunday we went to Southern Hills. We saw several people we knew from college. They were having an ice cream supper that evening, and since I'm a home made ice cream fanatic, we went back. We met several young couples, and were invited over for dinner and fireworks on Monday night. As a minister, I've always been the guy on the lookout for visitors, not the visitor. It was nice to be the pursued instead of the pursuer. We had a good time with them on Monday night. A pleasant evening, but spent with new acquaintances who were little more than strangers. There will probably never be a suitable replacement for the wonderful friends we left behind. We went back to SH tonight. We saw Bob and Jo Wilburn, one of my elders in Canadian. He snuck out the door quickly and I got snagged by an older gentleman, so we didn't get to talk.

I saw on the news last night that the United Church of Christ has come out in support of gay marriage. Here's a link to a NY Times article on the subject.
UCC Comes Out

In jest, as a joke, for fun, consider the possibility... To deal with potential confusion over the difference between the UCC and the Church of Christ of which I am a member... imagine the headline in our brotherhood papers. Could it be...
"We are the churches of Christ, and we are NOT united!" Grin.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home