Saturday, June 25, 2005

We're there, or we're here, or whatever

It's an interesting phenomenon. Even though every day is 24 hours, some days seem soooooo long. Two long days in a row, packing the truck, driving it, and unloading, makes me wish for a short day. Even so, it all went really well.

I'd like to thank Don Dolezalek for his help in loading the truck. Without him I might still be there loading, LOL. Thanks also to Jason Dempsey for his help in that department.

I was a bit scared of the truck, since it was all rusty on the outside and had 190K miles. The truck we used to move from Canadian was a piece, only making 60 mph downhill and overheating constantly, so I wasn't too hopeful when I saw this one. Fortunately it worked well. I was able to keep it at about 68 the whole way with no trouble from alternators or radiators or anything like that.

We arrived at the house about 4:15, within minutes of the Millers and Travis and Cara. We started work almost immediately and had the entire truck unloaded by about 7:30. The house is a bit small, as I knew it would be, but not too bad. The freezer's in our bedroom, but that's the only thing so far that has to be some place weird. We were so beat last night that we didn't spend much time unpacking boxes, so I anticipate that's what we'll spend most of our time doing today. I also have to build some shelves and closets, since there are not but two closets in the entire house, and none in the bedrooms.

Guess that's it. I should probably be unpacking instead of blogging, but I figured that some folks would want to hear that we made it safely.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home