Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Final Preparations

Well, it's getting down to the wire. We pick up the truck in the morning, load it tomorrow, and pull out some time Friday. The last big question remaining is what time the closing will be for the house.

If you want to help us load the truck, we'll be starting right after lunch on Thursday.

Derrick and I fished our last Tuesday tournament last night. We didn't catch a single fish! Figures. We got beat to the spot we were heading to, and the guy that got there ended up winning second. Also figures. And in a semi-symbolic moment, the Walnut softball hat that I've been wearing for three years now that was coming close to being a good fishing hat (if you remember my sermon a couple years ago about how to build a fishing hat) BLEW IN THE LAKE! Last fishing day of the last tourney of the last week in Texarkana, and the Walnut hat takes a dive. I was kind of sad, because it was well on its way to being a good hat.

Jonathan invented a new game called "Climb on Top." Whatever he can find, the game is that he climbs on top of it. Since the house is full of packed boxes, he can get pretty high sometimes. He also likes the top of the piano. One of these days we're not going to catch him and he'll probably bite it. Part of growing up I guess.

We're headed to Walnut tonight for the last time in the near future. I suppose we'll visit some times, but for now, this is "it." I think it's singing night, which has always been my favorite.

May not get to blog for a few days while I rearrange all my stuff.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home