Monday, June 20, 2005

Go Horns!

I'm not exactly an obsessed Longhorn baseball fan who cares about the result of every game throughout the season. I am, however, a life long fan. I can remember being at Disch Falk for quite a few games as a kid. I remember guys like Scott Coolbaugh, Calvin Murray, Kirk Dressendorfer and Brooks Keischnick. I remember seeing the one armed pitcher from Michigan... can't remember his name, but he went pro for a while... oh yeah, Jim Abbott. Roger Clemens was a bit before my time, but not too much, and I remember seeing his name on the outfield fence. Even though I haven't been to a game in probably 12 years, I still keep up with the Horns come playoffs, especially during the College World Series. The Horns won again today, beating Tulane in the winner's bracket. They play next on Wednesday against the winner of tomorrow's Baylor-Tulane elimination game. Good thing is, since Texas has already beaten both of those teams, the winner of the B-T game will have to beat Texas twice in a row to win the championship.

Here's a link to ESPN's report of today's game:

Horns Win!

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Dr. Bubba said...

Jason,

I think you are forgetting
Arizona and Florida?

The Texas - Baylor/Tulane is half of
the championship bracket. Arizona and
Florida appear to be the other side.

DB

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

I was forgetting... I figured that out last night, after I posted. Baylor won, by the way.
Go Horns!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home