Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Updates and News About the Hunting

First thing, this is the first Tuesday tourney I've missed this year. Hope Derrick and Wayne won.

Now, back to the unpleasant reality of homeless joblessness....

I spoke today with Jeff Reese about a research position in the psychology department. Since he and I last spoke, the responsibility for getting that particular work done has shifted back to Dr.McKelvain, which probably works in my favor. Problem is Dr.M is in Uruguay until tomorrow. Lucky for me, Jeff was supposed to pick him up from the Abilene airport at 11am tomorrow, and he gave the job to me. (the pick up job, not a real one) That's all for lead #1

Number two, I have an interview tomorrow night with the 4th and Elm church in Sweetwater who is looking for a youth minister. I told them about my school situation before I even sent a resume and they want to talk to me anyway. Could be good.

Number three, I found an opening with the American Cancer Society that I applied for.

Number next (to shamelessly steal a phrase from David Wray), I registered for classes this morning. I'm going to take Advanced Old Testament as a summer 2 short course, supervised practice of ministry (SPM=stupid pointless meaningless??), Intermediate Greek (which assumes that I'll pass the Greek exam), spiritual formation (with the above mentioned Dr. Wray), and Advanced Restoration History with a guy who looks like a famous German but is much nicer. (Don't know why I'm so big on parenthesis all of a sudden)

Number five, I got the realtor's list of rentals and looked at about 6 houses today on driveby. One of them looked nice and there was a car in the driveway, so we knocked on the door and got a tour. Looks like a winner. It's a bit far from campus and a bit more than I'd like to pay, but is exactly what we need (except for the place to park the boat).

So here's the plan: If I'm not able to schedule any interviews on Thursday, I'll leave from Sweetwater to go to Lovington on Wednesday night. If Sweetwater goes well, then I won't do anything about houses just yet. If Sweetwater bombs, then I'll put a deposit down on the nice place on Baylor Street (No UT street in town, sorry) and see what happens from there.

I guess that's it. I probably won't update again until some time Thursday so I can report on the Sweetwater interview.

Jason

2 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Mom,
Technically 10 hours, but that doesn't count the summer 2 course. I'll have 10 during the semester and 3 during the summer.

I emailed you a cart this evening w/ instructions and such.

Jason

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Kristie,
The summer course is July 11-15 I think. Definately renting this time, since I don't know yet if I want to finish the MDIV or apply to Psych PHD programs. The house in question is probably 900 or 1000 square ft, two bedrooms, one bath, one car garage, big yard, nice neighborhood, no place to put the boat.

(and not specifically to Kristie)
Found out that the Student Financial Services job won't work. They are looking for someone longer term than I can offer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home