Monday, May 23, 2005

No houses!

I drove around a bit, and it looks like there are no houses in our price range that aren't tiny or in the 'hood. The Abilene Board of Realtors publishes a weekly rental list on Tuesdays, so maybe that'll pan out into something.

On the job front, I sent applications and resumes out on a couple of MHMR type positions for case managers for drug rehab types. Both are full time jobs but pay 25-30K. Will see how that turns out.

I also called on Herald of Truth and it turns out that all three of the people I could talk to are out of the COUNTRY until some time next week.

I applied for a job as a student financial services counselor. The guy in charge is an old friend of my parents. Turns out his wife went into labor while playing dominoes at my parents' house twentysomething years ago.

I also plan on applying for a job as a "civic center attendant" aka maintenance guy/janitor at the Abilene civic center. Pays about 15K, but the hours are flexible.

I've got appointments with the MDiv advisor and one of the two potential employing professors tomorrow, and with the other professor on Wednesday. I also got shot for the tuberculosis test that health services requires. I'll find out if I've got TB on Wednesday.

I guess that's it for now. It's 97 degrees or something like that, and Trav's landlord still hasn't fixed the AC. Sounds like a good excuse to head to the lake :)

Jason

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Steve said...

What's wrong with the 'hood?

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Jason Fry said...

Ahh, Trav's friend Steve...heard about you.

I have two small kids and a ... concerned... wife. That's all that's "wrong" with the hood.

On the upside, that pretty much guarantees that she'll let me get my concealed carry permit and buy another handgun :)
Jason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home