Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Lots of questions, lots of answers

I spent about seven hours over the last two days filling out a questionnaire for the Baker Heights church in Abilene. They're looking for a youth minister and I've applied. Lots of connections... my old youth minister went to high school with the church secretary, and her mom attends my old church... John Cannon's friend Jack English used to preach there... John's friend Ron McSomething is an elder there... the building design is identical to the church where I grew up. After seven hours of answering questions and asking them questions in return, I'm kind of worn out.

And in other news...

Yesterday's fishing was a bust. I was able to go in the morning from about 6-9 and caught about 10, mostly short ones. We fished the same areas in the evening tournament and didn't get a single bite. We ended up catching only one fish all evening. Doh!

My office is all cleaned out. Those of you that read Tim's or Shana's blog know that I had a little help. You'd think after working some place for three years you could at least have two days to clean out your office. I feel like some people have a guilty conscience and want to forget about me.

I handed over control of the Walnut youth blog yesterday, since I'm no longer "walnutyouthministry." Strangely it hasn't come up since then... did they pull the plug? Time will tell.

We're going to be doing some traveling now that I'm free from my obligations to Walnut. My cousin is getting married this Saturday at 7 p.m. in Austin. We're heading down there on Thursday. I'll fish with Chris Rylander, my best friend from high school, on Friday. We'll probably go to church at Leander with my parents on Sunday. Sunday afternoon we'll head to Abilene. Monday Shana's dad is going to come get her and the boys and take them to Lovington so I'll have the chance to hunt jobs and houses without family obligations. After hunting houses and jobs till Thursday, I'll probably go to Lovington. One of Shana's cousins is graduating, so we'll probably go to Roswell also. We'll go to church somewhere out there Sunday the 29th and either go to Abilene Sunday night and Texarkana Monday or drive all the way through on Monday. We are visiting family and hunting jobs and houses: we have not "left" yet. I think some people are talking about a going away party on the 19th of June, but don't quote me on that one yet.

I guess that's all the news that is news.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home