Monday, May 09, 2005

Culture: friend or foe?

I read an interesting article today on Youthworker magazine's online journal.
Cultural Isolationists

My brother and I have also been having a discussion about culture and contextualization on his blog.

In the spirit of an educational exchange of ideas, I offer the following question: Is culture good, bad, or neutral?

The important question is not really the one I just asked, but rather: What should be the church's relationship to culture?

I'll see what you folks have to say about it, and share my opinion later on.

And in other news:
We finished our garage sale with only three boxes and a bag of stuff left over. The bag of clothes went to the Nash clothes closet. We ended up buying all the paint for our painting projects, two dinners, paying a babysitter, and still depositing over 100$.

We got alot of painting done thanks mostly to my dad who not only worked hard, but kept me on task. We painted the shed and both bathrooms. The house is almost ready to sell!

Guess that's it for today.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home