Friday, May 06, 2005

Selling my garage, and a job update

Well, we're halfway through day one of our garage sale. We're not really trying to get rich, just to get rid of some stuff. So far it's going well. I'm amazed at the number of people who have come by. I guess we just live in a big time garage sale neighborhood. I think we're up about 170$ so far. People buy the wierdest junk...

I went ahead and took the plunge and sent a resume on that youth ministry job. I got an e-mail back from the minister, and I talked to him on the phone for about an hour last night. So far it still sounds like it's worth pursuing. They've got a committee doing the invitations for interviews and the minister couldn't guarantee me one, but he said my resume looked "strong." Some things I like about the church are that it only has 200 members but 8 elders, and about 35 teens. He said that about 25% of the teens that come consistently are basically just dropped off by their parents from the community. That sounds like a good evangelism opportunity and probably a behavioral challenge. The church hasn't had a full time youth minister in about 15 years. They've used volunteers and some part time ACU students since then, but want to go full time again. He said that about ten people from the church work at ACU. That's kind of nice, since the church in Canadian (and maybe Walnut) is kind of biased against ACU, at least the bible department.

I still have plenty of reservations about whether I'll be able to devote the kind of time that I need to for the ministry to be successful, about whether I want to get back into church politics, and about being tied down on weekends. I've pretty much decided to just let God work this out. If I'm supposed to get it, I'll get it. If I'm not, then I won't.

My parents are coming in this afternoon to spend the weekend helping us around the house. We've got the garage sale going, and we're going to do some painting inside the house of things that didn't get painted when we moved in.

That's about it for today. Gotta go sell the rest of my junk.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home