Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What I've been doing the past three weeks

I blog too infrequently. It seems that whenever I have some great idea about what to write, I'm miles away from my computer, and whenever I sit at my computer, I'm miles away from a good idea.

Excuses aside, I thought I should let on a bit about what I've been doing the past few weeks.

I've bird hunted quite a bit. My parents came to visit on a quick pass-through on their way to Durango. Dad and I got to hunt one morning and ended up with 20. I also took Shana and the boys hunting this past Friday. Shana killed a few birds, and I killed a few. The boys mostly just played in the field. We've eaten most of the birds we killed, so I guess I'll be forced to go kill some more.

Here's my dove cooking recipe.

Filet the dove breasts. I find it easiest to do this before I freeze them, as they take up much less space in the freezer, and they're easier to filet when they're not frozen.
Marinate in Claude's Brisket Marinade

Chop into one inch pieces the following:
Green, Red, Yellow bell peppers
Mushrooms
Sweet onions
Yellow and/or Green squash

Make kabobs of the meat and vegetables, wrapping each dove breast in bacon. I recommend putting an onion or a pepper next to each breast.

Grill them over a charcoal fire. A gas grill will work as well, but an oven just won't cut it.

That's some of the best eatin' I know of, so I thought I had better not be stingy with it.

I've been working plenty. I made a fast trip to Dallas for some training about firearm sale paperwork. As far as the store is concerned, I am increasing in wisdom and stature, as the saying goes.

I wrote about 20 pages in the last two weeks for my classes. I have a ten page paper due Thursday that was the prompt for my previous posts about what kind of ministry I should seek.

I got to go out to Trey's and scout for deer. Found lots of tracks and a few rubs. Timing may be an issue, but I should get to hunt a few times with a reasonable expectation of success. Bow season starts on Saturday, but I'll be in class. I might get to go out and set up some stands on Saturday afternoon, so that maybe I can legitimately hunt some time in the next few weeks.

I may have to go for a four day training in Dallas next week, but they still haven't decided for sure. If so, it will be a major career step, as you can't be a "real" manager until you've had this training.

Haven't been fishing since I went with Mark last month.

ACU Lectureship has come and gone. I got to touch base with quite a few of my network folks, like Rob Fortson, Joe Ed Furr, and others. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted to on campus during the event, and they pretty much dropped the ball on Taize this year.

That's about it, I guess. Hopefully I'll post again before three weeks is up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home