Thursday, August 17, 2006

Academy does right by Mr. Fry

In an email that I still have saved, Stan White told me a secret. He said that to make it in retail, all you have to do is what you're supposed to, and then a little more. Consistent effort beyond the job description was his advice to me as I entered the retail world.

It worked. After months and months of wondering when and if anything was ever going to happen, it finally did. Tuesday, the district manager came to our store. We had a meeting, and I got promoted! I'm officially a "manager in training" now, a process that they said would take 4 months (probably meaning six), after which I will be a "real" manager.

The best news for those who have been watching my family from afar is that this new title comes with a salary. Overnight I suddenly doubled my income. Now twice not much is still not alot, but it's also still twice as much, and finally enough to live on. Not only did I get a great raise, they backdated it to August 6.

And so all is well in our house. The kids are well, the marriage is well, and finally the bank is well.

Thanks to all who have been praying for our family.
Jason

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Blogger ann said...

Wonderful news, Jason!!! Congrats!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home