Monday, August 07, 2006

8 1/4%

Yesterday ended the three day "Tax Free Weekend." This title is a bit of a misnomer, as only certain items are tax free, particularly school clothes and shoes. Among the oddities, football jerseys are tax free, football pants are not. Fishing hats and vests are tax free, but backpacks and watches are not. Tennis shoes are tax free, but football cleats are not.

In retail, tax free weekend means a mad rush of customers, many of whom aren't familiar with the oddities. It means good revenue, and lots of hard work. Every single Academy employee (96, I think) was scheduled for an eight hour shift Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. We were all pretty tired by the end, but we made our sales goals on Friday and Saturday, and missed Sunday by less than 2%.

I haven't updated since my interview... Out of the six candidates that were there, I came in first. The district manager is supposed to come to our store some time this week and talk to me, presumably to make me some kind of offer. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home