Thursday, May 11, 2006

Happy days are here again

I finished school for the semester with two finals on Tuesday. My guess is four A's and a B, but it could be three and two.

We went to Austin this past weekend. We went to my ten year class reunion on Saturday, which was actually quite fun. Got to see alot of people I hadn't seen in ten years. Sunday evening we went to Meemaw's and visited. It was good to get to spend some time with my grandparents. We saw a fox in their back yard, and Jonathan went to look at it. He can't say "f" or "x," so it was a "pock."

Monday morning I went fishing at Lake LBJ. For those who haven't heard, my cousin Jesse that won the tournament several months ago won another one. He is in first place in his division, in line to get Angler of the Year and Rookie of the year if he can finish 18th or better in the final tournament. Anyway, Jess told me where to go at LBJ, so I went. Chris Rylander came up and fished with me. We ended up with five black bass, one Kentucky bass, and five white bass. Here's a picture of the good one I caught. It weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces, and I think it's the third biggest I've ever caught. Here are a couple of pictures.


And in other news, I finally was given a timeline of sorts on the management gig at Academy. I'm going to be training for the next two months so that I can do well at the manager interviews the last week of July. If I pass, then I'll be an official "manager in training," a title that comes with a salary. Not as fast as I had hoped, but at least now we know something.


Today was the first Thursday I have had off since the semester started. Instead of Tuesday tournaments, they have them here on Thursdays, so I fished. About 8:40 I was fishing this little point and got a good bite. I set the hook hard, and it was a big fish. It fought hard, and I got it to the top and it was about a 5 pound gaspergou. Figures. It was the only fish I caught, although I did have another bite that I missed. Can't win them all, I guess. Four fish were weighed in, and one guy had two four pounders, so he took home the money this week. Because I'm out of school and some of the other workers aren't yet, I have great hours next week. I only have to close once, and I'm 8-5 the other four days. I may fish again next Thursday, if I can pre-fish a little on Tuesday night.

I guess that's it for now. God bless you and yours.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home