Monday, April 25, 2005

The Abilene Job Market

Part of the deal with the elders is that I am paid at Walnut through August. That means that if I can find a job that begins in say, June, I can double dip my salaries for a few months. For those of you that pray specifically, here's a few of the leads I'm working on, in no particular order.

One, there's a professor that needs some research done about personalities and ministers. Since I wrote 2/3 of a master's thesis on this topic, he's interested in me working for him, but he doesn't really have a job open.

Two, there's another professor who's in charge of peer mediation at ACU. I was the mediator in his first ever peer mediation, and so he's interested in me woorking for him, but he too doesn't really have an opening.

School jobs come open at wierd times, so it's not unlikely that one or both of those might pan out into something.

Three, there's a part time college ministry job open at the church where we attended while we were in college the first time. The ministry looks exciting, but the pay stinks.

Four, Herald of Truth is looking for a computer/web design/office person. I applied, knowing that I'm probably overqualified in some areas, and underqualified in others. Even so, maybe they can find a spot for me.

Five, there are several jobs on campus, but they're all full time and they limit you to only 6 hours per semester. Doesn't sound any good, but they're a last resort option.

Since it's pretty obvious, at least to me, that God's hand is all over this situation, I have confidence that the job thing will work out some how. Even so, I'd appreciate your prayers until it does.

Keep the faith,
Jason

1 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger jerry said...

I continue to pray for you and your family. Just remember, God's ways are sometimes, no mostly, totally out of sinc with our lives. But the God we know is bigger than any thing that occurs! I love you man!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home