Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Finally a date

I finally got my manager to commit. Next week I start my rotation through footwear and apparel, and I go to the MIT interview on July 24th. I wish it were sooner, as I can't be on salary until after that, but at least I have a date.

Believe it or not, I'm not that used to self promoting. I was raised to do good work and let your work speak for itself. I'm finding that good work doesn't always speak loud enough. Sometimes you just have to bug people to do right by you, instead of expecting them to do so because you do good work. Maybe self promotion is a good skill, or maybe it's a dangerous enterprise. What do you think? Should a person have to promote their own skills and abilities to keep a job or get a promotion, or should one's work speak for itself?

I put another post on my religious blog as well, so email me if you want the link.
Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home