Saturday, March 18, 2006

Baby Steps


That title reminds me of "What about Bob?"

Jared is starting to walk. He can stand up on his own and then take three or four steps. Here's a cute picture.

Hopefully he'll be walking good by his birthday party in two weeks. We've sent invitations to all of our family for a combined birthday party for the boys on the 25th of March. Jared will be one on the 26th, and Jonathan will be two on April 4.

Birthday parties for one/two year olds are a "keeping up with the Jones'" kind of thing around here, but we have decided not to play the game. We want our family here, not some giant get together to shower young ones with more toys in one day than an African kid sees in his life, not to mention the zillion toys that the American kid already has.

And in other baby step news, I'm making some job progress. Since my promotion, my immediate supervisor is the store director rather than one of the assistant managers. She has been giving me progressively more responsibility. I'm reminded again of a movie quote: "I always think everything could be a trap. That's why I'm still alive." So far I've passed the tests well. Yesterday she had me deliver employee evaluations for a couple of the cashiers, something that until recently has been a manager's job. A baby step. She also let me decide what to put on the wall between customer service and register one. That area is designated "manager's choice" and a manager usually does all of the work. I went with water guns and kites, outdoor toys for springtime, and she liked it alot. Another baby step.

Shana and the boys are going out of town for a few days. They're going to Texarkana and to Hot Springs to see our friends and Shana's grandparents. I'm a bit jealous, as I have to stay home and work and go to class.

I guess that's it for today. I was planning on fishing again, but it's raining now and supposed to rain all day.

Jason

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home